Search This Blog

HOME

Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday 24 January 2019

Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi joins championship club Middlesbrough until end of season

Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi joins championship club Middlesbrough until end of season?

Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, 31,  has signed for Championship club Middlesbrough on a short term deal until the end of the season. 
The former Chelsea midfielder who became a free agent in November after a two-year spell with Tianjin Teda in China passed his medical with Tony Pulis' side without a hitch after agreeing on personal terms.

Mikel who won both the Champions League and Europa League with Chelsea told the club's website: 'For me, it's looking at the project.

'I spoke to a few clubs and I also spoke to Tony [Pulis], had a good chat with him. 'He's told me where he wants to go with it and it definitely fits with what I want to do.
'The club wants to get promoted so hopefully, I'm here to help in any way I can. 'It's a family club and this is what I want. I like stability and this is why I was at Chelsea for a very long time.'
Pulis added: 'I'm pleased to get him in. He is a man with a lot of experience and quality.
'He has a winning mentality and he wants to be here be a part of what we are looking to achieve.'
SEE JOHN OBI MIKEL'S HONOURS BELOW.
Premier League: 2009–10, 2014–15
FA Cup: 2006–07, 2008–09, 2011–12
League Cup: 2006–07
Community Shield: 2009
Champions League: 2011–12
Europa League: 2012–13

No comments:

Featured post

UK's second richest man Sir Jim Ratcliffe purchases 25% stake in Manchester United after agreeing deal with Glazer family

The UK's second richest man, Sir Jim Ratcliffe has completed a deal worth £1.3 billion with the Glazer family to acquire a 25 per cent s...