Search This Blog

HOME

Wikipedia

Search results

Tuesday 2 July 2019

Wimbledon: Cori Gauff Defeats Venus Williams, In Tears After (Photos) - she cant believe it

15-year-old Cori Gauff was left in tears after a stunning first round victory over top favourite Venus Williams at Wimbledon, MySportDab reports.

Cori became the youngest woman to win a main-draw Wimbledon match since Jennifer Capriati beat defending champion Martina Navratilova in 1991

She won 6-4, 6-4 before collapsing onto the Court 1 grass clutching her face while the emotions spilt out.

‘Now I have had the guts to,’ said the 15-year-old, having composed herself after the emotional moment of victory, when a look of disbelief spread across her face.

‘I want to be the greatest. My dad told me that I could do this when I was eight,’ she reflected.

‘Obviously you never believe it. I’m still not 100 per cent confident. Now my goal is to win it.’

The tennis prodigy entered her Wimbledon debut ranked 313th by the Women’s Tennis Association, while Williams entered 44th.

Watch Video;




ans React, Shock Video HERE
(Quote) (Report(Like) (Share)

No comments:

Featured post

UK's second richest man Sir Jim Ratcliffe purchases 25% stake in Manchester United after agreeing deal with Glazer family

The UK's second richest man, Sir Jim Ratcliffe has completed a deal worth £1.3 billion with the Glazer family to acquire a 25 per cent s...