Search This Blog

HOME

Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Why Julia Roberts Doesn't Want To Do Romantic Comedies Anymore

Why Julia Roberts Doesn't Want To Do Romantic Comedies Anymore

The "Pretty Woman" star, 50, believes she may have outgrown the romantic comedy genre.
If we rewind the VHS tape of memory back to the rom-com heyday of the 1990s there were two queens of the genre who remain, to this day, unimpeachable icons: Julia Roberts and Meg Ryan.
But "Pretty Woman" star Julia, 50, believes she may have outgrown the romantic comedy genre.

In an interview with ET Sunday, the actress spoke about her new drama thriller "Homecoming," which reunites her with her "My Best Friend's Wedding" co-star Dermot Mulroney for a third time, and discussed why she may never return to romantic comedies ever again.
"I don't know," Roberts said of possibly filming another rom-com with Mulroney. "Unless we become the parents of the people that are rom-com-ing."
"You're never too old for a rom com!" ET's Keltie Knight said in reply.
"Oh, I would disagree with that," Roberts said. "Obviously some people don't disagree with that. I'm not here to say if they should or shouldn't, but for me, it's funny, there came a point in my career where people thought I had turned on romantic comedies, which I love them, I love to be in them."
"I love to watch them," she continued. "But sometimes, they just don't work at a certain point of life experience. It's not even about age, it's just about what people know that you know."
Meanwhile, Roberts had nothing but good things to say about reuniting with Mulroney. In addition to "My Best Friend's Wedding," the actors also previously starred together in the 2013 drama "August: Osage County." In "Homecoming," Roberts and Mulroney play an on-again off-again couple.
"It was fun and so funny," Roberts said of working with Mulroney again. "I thought it was really inspired of [creator Sam Esmail] to want Dermot, which was very selfish, he just wanted Dermot and I together."
"[Mulroney] just made a meal of this part," she continued. "I think because people think of us together, it allowed us to do more...It was fun, it was hard to keep a straight face at all times."
"Homecoming" Season 1 will be released to Amazon Prime November 2.
By TooFab Staff

No comments:

Featured post

UK's second richest man Sir Jim Ratcliffe purchases 25% stake in Manchester United after agreeing deal with Glazer family

The UK's second richest man, Sir Jim Ratcliffe has completed a deal worth £1.3 billion with the Glazer family to acquire a 25 per cent s...